Most individuals obtain the approach of making ready their immigration legislation scenario to be really challenging and at ideal nerve-racking. To support make the circumstance a tiny less demanding, I have designed a standard checklist of immigration related documents that any skilled immigration regulation lawyer will ask you for when starting off your immigration circumstance. This checklist of basic files should really also be utilized by people who are submitting their individual immigration case.
For Immigrants or people hoping to Immigrate to the US:
1. Your passport which include present-day non-expired passport and any previous passports, if probable retain the aged passport when renewing it. If you ought to supply your outdated passport to get a newly issued a single, then make a copy of the expired passport like the biographic website page and any stamped webpages confirming your travel, to keep with you in scenario you want it afterwards on.
2. Your I-94 card or I-94W card. The I-94 card is on a white card that have to be done by you in advance of entry into the US. The I-94W (also named visa waiver) is a card that seems to be like the I-94 card but it is inexperienced in shade. Every single household member need to have their personal card.
*It is important to take note that less than US immigration regulation, the expiration date on the I-94 or I-94W card is what controls how long you can stay in the US without requiring an extension or violating your visa keep in the US. Some immigrants imagine that for the reason that they have a visa website page in their passport that states that they have a 5 calendar year or 10 year visa, that they can keep on being in the US during that overall time without having departing or demanding visa extensions or modify of status. This is incorrect and will lead to you to tumble out of position.
*Also, remember to take note that the I-94 or I-94W card is Very critical. You should make copies of the card (front and back again) and maintain the initial in a safe and sound position. You will not be capable to get a eco-friendly card, fiancee visa, operate visa, or any other visa in the US without the need of proof of lawful entry, which arrives in the kind of the I-94 or I-94W card.
3. Start Certification in the primary indigenous language and attach a right translation with suitable translator’s certification, signature, etc. You should bring your Initial delivery certification with you. You need to NOT file the first with immigration, as only a duplicate is necessary, but keep the primary birth certificate in a safe area in case immigration desires to see the initial.
4. If married, then a marriage certificate with translation. All over again, you should bring your primary marriage certificate with you. File only a copy with USCIS and deliver the original to the job interview with you. If you get married in the US and do not have a duplicate or licensed copy of the marriage license, you can get hold of a certified copy at www.United states.gov. The actual website link is http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Family_Issues/Essential_Docs.shtml.
5. If your state troubles these, a household certificate that lists you, your partner and all youngsters (if applicable to you).
6. Divorce Certification(s) if relevant with translation, or demise certification and English translation if husband or wife is deceased. All over again, convey the original with you but file only a duplicate with USCIS.
7. Beginning certificates and passports for each individual youngster and wife or husband. Beginning certificates should all be translated as spelled out higher than in product #3. These are necessary to ensure precise id of every man or woman, their actual title spelling, and many others. Due to the fact USCIS will count on the spelling on the Delivery Certificate instead of the person’s passport, you want to be guaranteed that the translation is accurate as to the precise spelling of each and every person’s identify.
8. If coming in on a B-1 business enterprise customer visa, then convey with you your own or organization bank account from your indigenous country, any evidence of ownership of a business in your indigenous region (if relevant), any experienced companies you belong to, and a CV (i.e. resume). This info will be useful if you system on filing an trader visa below in the US or other type of operate visa, this sort of as opening a enterprise in the US similar to the a person overseas.
9. If you maintain a bachelor’s diploma from your international country, bring the true school diploma (duplicate is Ok) and transcripts of classes concluded from your university. This information and facts will be necessary if you decide to utilize for an H-1B visa or other type of function visa.
10. If you are now residing in the US and you file US revenue taxes, continue to keep copies of each and every calendar year that you file taxes. A duplicate can be attained from IRS specifically in case you did not previously continue to keep copies.
I hope that the above standard checklist will help you in accumulating your simple paperwork required to file any US immigration legislation situation. You should notice that for unique case kinds, these as fiancee visas, get the job done visas, marriage environmentally friendly card cases, and many others., additional paperwork will be needed. A link has been furnished underneath where you can find far more details on a unique circumstance style.